Westmount architects Robert Findlay and son Frank Findlay designed the stone pavilion in a classical style in 1936. The upper belvedere has a slate roof, and is capped by a brick clock tower. The lower comfort station contains changing rooms and washrooms. The shelter stands just above the former site of William Murray’s residence called ‘West Mount’. In 1939, the park was officially named King George Park.
King George Park (Murray Park) Shelter
2018-09-20T14:17:12-04:00Thursday, September 20, 2018|