WHA_DecarieHouse_Extant

Concession #616

5138 Côte St. Antoine Road

Constructed between 1731 and 1742

This house is in NDG, just to the west of the Hurtubise House, and is on the first concession that was granted by the Sulpicians to French settlers on Côte St. Antoine Road. Felix Décarie clad the fieldstone house in brick between 1870 and 1874. In 1925 Brooke Claxton bought the property. He added a porch on the back and painted the bricks pink.